Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The furious Cook

Hello! My name is Myra and Im a Filipina residing here in Italy. Matagal na ako dito and I really miss our local cuisine. Way back 1998 that Im searching for a pandesal recipe and I cannot find it. I experimented it on my own family's risk, and I may say I'm proud to have perfected it in 5 years. So I thought, why not share my recipe to my fellow kababayans who long for pandesal, siopao and chickenjoy? Happy reading....


PANDESAL

SANGKAP

1 kilo all purpose flour
5 egg yolk
8 tbsp sugar
a pinch of salt
50 gr. fresh yeast
100 gr. unsalted butte
125 ml lukewarm milk
125 ml lukewarm water

Procedure:

In a bowl put the yeast and 1 tbsp of sugar then pour the lukewarm milk. Stir and dissolve the yeast. Cover for 5 minutes.In the meantime In another bowl, put the flour, the remaining sugar, salt, butter and eggyolk, stir in water and then the yeast mixture, add more flour if it gets too sticky and soft. It should form into a soft but manageable dough. Knead it in a floured surface for 5 minutes, flour the dough cover it and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours(it depends upon the room temprature). It should double in bulk. Divide the risen dough into two portions, flatting it and then roll the dough as if your making a cilinder, cut it as desired, sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs and bake in a preheated oven for 180°c for 15 to 20 minutes. Best with kapeng barako. Let me know about the results..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home